Kitchen | Chicago, IL | Full Time
We are seeking reliable, hard-working, and diligent individuals to join the logistics team of our food service company.
Gourmet Gorilla, founded in 2009, strives for a sustainable future for our children by providing local and organic school meals and healthier eating options.
- Organize and manage dock area and staff
- Notify inventory team of deliveries from vendors
- Assist morning logistics team with deliveries going out
- Keep dock area clean and organized
- Keep parking lot clean and organized
- Ensure drivers are returning vehicles to designated spots and check out vehicles daily
- Hours: 6am – 2:30pm
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Location: River West near Chicago and Halsted.
- Pay: $18-20 /hour or DOE
- Start: Immediately
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to follow instruction
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements a plus
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure. Our kitchen environment is very dynamic, requires someone who can change gears quickly and help troubleshoot.
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English (bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus)
- Clean background check
- Please send a resume and a short statement of why you are interested and qualified for the job
- Provide three references