Nutrition Services | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
To strive for a sustainable future for our children by providing local and organic school meals and healthier eating options. We are committed to working with community partners to provide solid nutrition for children in order to help them learn and grow.
We are building a team of professionals who care about food and where it comes from; who choose to work in a nurturing environment where all individuals are respected and coached to grow. We value creativity, diversity, breadth of knowledge, and a desire to enjoy our profession.
The Assistant Registered Dietitian will be responsible for ensuring that a wide range of daily functions and activities are met, including menu analysis and menu design to meeting child nutrition requirements, preparing formal bid responses, assisting client audits, analyzing existing recipes and implementing new recipes.
In addition, this individual is someone who is ready, willing and able to pitch in at any level where needed to ensure the success of the operation, coupled with a true entrepreneurial spirit that is driven by the desire to create something great.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to our director of nutrition and school relationship manager in their efforts to manage the overall school meal experience, menu development and nutrition analysis.
- Provide our director of nutrition and purchaser with sourcing assistance, product nutrition and cost analysis.
- Assisting in documenting new standard operation procedures for the organization.
- Work with our school relationship manager on implementing special projects.
- Assist in new product development for institutional clients.
- Provide regulatory and quality control support to the operations as it relates to our meal production.
- Assist with client nutrition audits and formal bid responses.
- Updating and assist with managing our online nutritional menu planning software.
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Specialized training in school foodservice management and nutrition is desirable, but not necessary. Ability to learn state nutrition requirements for multiple states and interact with state audit representatives for compliance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: both orally and in writing.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team, respectful.
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Committed to the mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies while supporting the local sustainable food community.
- Bi-lingual a plus but not required. Ability to read, write and speak English is required.
- Knowledge/Interest in local food system development, sustainability, urban agriculture, organics.
- Customer service focused, ability to visit school sites for day trips to check on compliance, food quality, customers concerns, nutrition training for children, parents, and school administrators
- Strong and positive communicator and problem solving abilities.
Please send resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and experience and why you are a good fit for this position.