Accounting | El Paso, TX | Full Time
At Source Logistics, we specialize in offering customized logistics and supply chain solutions in US markets such as: Full Service Warehousing, Order Processing, E-commerce Fulfillment, Marketing Fulfillment, Digital Printing, Complete Transportation Solutions and Information/Data Supply Chain Services.
We cater our array of services to multiple types of industries such as: food and beverage, apparel, retail, health and beauty, medical, industrial, technology, financial and others. Our mission is to help US and foreign-based companies expand and offer their services to their US customers. We help companies from all over North America, South America, Europe and Asia increase their market presence in the US through competitive supply chain solutions.
We have over 1.7 million square feet of warehouse space, strategically located throughout the US to provide our clients the ability to easily service their customers. Our warehouses are located in Brea, and Los Angeles, CA; N. Monroe, NJ; Portland, OR; Houston and Laredo TX.
SUMMARY: Accurately inputs information into the billing system, processes billing by
obtaining background information and making arrangements to obtain monies owed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Run billing process in Velocity System on the 16th and 1st of the month
• Review each invoice according billing procedures
• Record invoices into accounting system
• Email invoices from Velocity system
• Reconcile invoices velocity, VeraCore, 3e system vs accounting system
• Audit invoices to all billing systems
• Identifies and resolves billing queries/problems.
• Setup customers in Velocity, VeraCore, and 3e systems
• Create invoices template in VeraCore system
• Post invoices from VeraCore syste into QuickBooks
• Post invoices from 3e into QuickBooks
• Post invoices from Velocity system into QuickBooks
• Posts payments and applicable credits to accounts while maintaining balance
• Researches and processes refund requests and overpayments.
• Prepares correspondence and/or collection letters.
• Communicates with payees to answer questions and provide additional supporting
• Submits documentation necessary to support invoices; resubmits invoices with
corrections if needed for payment for all customers.
• Enters data and charges from charts into the billing system; generates all required
• Answers phones and assists customers with accounts.
• Abides by state collection and credit regulations; interprets and complies with
state/federal regulations, laws, and guidelines.
• Performs additional duties including but not limited to copying checks received and
recording payment, faxing information as required, generating retroactive
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Ensure timely and accurate billing; knowledge of contracts, ERP
• systems, purchase orders, product and service pricing
• Contribute billing information to strategic plans and reviews;
• implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service
• standards; resolve problems; identify billing system improvements
• Provide weekly, monthly, annual billing budget information; monitor
• expenditures; identify variances; implement corrective actions
• Measure billing results against agreements and plans; evaluate and
• improve methods; make required changes
• Research, develop, write, and update billing policies, procedures,
• methods, and guidelines
• Track budget expenses, develop budgets, create and deliver reports,
• create and deliver internal communications
• Resolve order and invoice disputes; resolve problems with bank
• Calculate credit memos based on documentation review and analysis
• Effectively work with sales team to resolve billing issues with
• Maintain current and relevant job knowledge by participating in
• educational opportunities and reading professional publications
• Identifies Errors reports them and recommends corrective action.
• Billing target to finish will be maximum 3 business days including record into
accounting system and audits
• Maintains company files including; customer contracts and records
• Provide confidential report each year to County for customer’s property taxes in
• Other administrative task will be assigned during death time
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two to four years related experience or equivalent
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• 10-key by touch; keyboarding speed of at least 50 wpm.
• Ability to perform diversified clerical functions and basic accounting procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
• Acute attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
• Proficient on Excel, VeraCore, Velocity, Outlook, Word, QuickBooks, and 3e system
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest,
commissions, and percentages.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches
data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and
• Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve
service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions;
Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for
spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data
effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and
openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building
a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build
morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
• Cost Consciousness--Works within approved budget; Develops and implements
cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves
• Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve
and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own
work to ensure quality.
• Quantity--Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner;
Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes
responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work
when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate
person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to stand
• Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to walk
• Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to sit
• Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
• Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to talk or hear
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.