Apparel Production/Inventory Planner
Apparel | Wheeling, IL | Full Time
Champro® is a privately owned sporting goods and apparel manufacturer that has been in business for 30+ years. We deliver high-value, traditional & innovative athletic equipment and apparel via outstanding, integrity-driven customer service. Our business philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best overall values in team sports products.
The production and inventory planner is responsible for ensuring that the production of apparel is efficient and the right quantity and quality to meet the demands of Champro and its customers. This position involves administration and management of Champro’s inventory while coordinating internal, as well as, external sources of supply.
Due to Covid-19 this position will be a hybrid working role for the foreseeable future. Champro will make the determination when/if all associates will return to the geographical office to which they were hired.
As an Apparel Production Inventory Planner, you will address the inventory requirements of the company by analyzing the forecasted product needs. This includes assessing the requirements; analyzing the manufacturing procedures that make up the production process; generating production orders for materials, as well as, finished products to meet these demands. You will also coordinate with the production facilities the needed capacity requirements and work with the factories meeting the delivery schedules as agreed upon. The successful individual will assess the capacity and the requirements reporting any identified issues, along with, suggested solutions to product management and their direct supervisors.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Assist in the forecasting and estimating of product requirements
- Calculate the product at the SKU level to satisfy the demands of the forecasted levels and the requirements of the sales demands
- Generate garment production order schedules to match the calculated product demand
- Make sure each operation meets the required shipping dates according to sales forecasts and customer demands
- Monitor, analyze and report performance to schedule of production, and production support activities
- Expedite and coordinate the manufacturing, delivery, and shipment of critical product
- Coordinate the production of any customer Special Make Ups that are required
- Track the transportation and delivery of inventory from production facilities
You play an integral role as a business partner when:
- You have knowledge of fundamental Forecasting and Inventory Management principles
- You possess technical skills including intermediate Excel
- You are analytical, process driven approach to problem solving
- You have the ability to work in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines and varying levels of ambiguity
- You are a self-starter and ability to take ownership of the position
- You’re detail oriented (on time and accurate)
- You possess an Associate Degree or 5+ years’ experience in an inventory analyst position
We are proud to offer eligible associates a full-range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability, 401K, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays, and reimbursement toward gym membership fees. A collaborative atmosphere working together to exceed our customers’ expectations, as well as, an Equal Opportunity Employer bringing together diverse individuals to develop new and innovative solutions.