Software Developer (SQL)
Development | Boca Raton, FL | Full Time
We are a leader in the corporate travel and meetings technology industry and we are looking for Mid/Senior Developers to join our Software Product Development team. Our products, are web-based software tools used by our hospitality industry clients around the world to simplify their business processes by facilitating smooth interactions with their hotel guests and corporate meeting scheduling/reward management solutions used by some of the Global Fortune 500 companies.
Our primary stack is .NET although we use a broad array of other technologies to deliver our products. We use VB.net and ASP.NET framework and SQL Server as our main data-store.
We are looking for team members who can learn new techniques and bring solid experience to the table with he ability to write clear code that is easily readable as well as testable.
Our most successful team members are the ones who thrive in our fast paced, project based and agile environment where we openly collaborate and learn from each other in our relaxed and casual environment.
This position is to support our future growth plans, thus we constantly review applications however a longer recruitment process may be expected.
- Create detailed software specifications, based on requirements
- Utilize in-depth development, technical and design expertise in .NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET and MS SQL Server
- Estimate development tasks based on the appropriate business constraints
- Review and validate implementations of self and others to ensure they meet requirements and match the specifications
- Enforce and evolve software development standards and best practices
- Contribute expertise in database set up/management, data transfer ETL/SSIS
- Works closely with Quality, Product Management and other teams in agile/project setting
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education/certufucation and experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in all stages of definition, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of web-based software solutions
- Experience in all of the following tools/technologies: ASP.NET, VB.Net, SQL Server and client-side technologies
- Hands on experience using testing frameworks (ie. NUnit, Visual Studio, xUnit, etc) and TDD
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills, and pays attention to programming style and neatness
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal to collaborate effectively with tech and non-tech teams
- Familiar with Agile (Scrum) Software Development Process and methodologies
- Fluent English language skills
- Very strong SQL experience is a must (ETL/SSIS)
What we offer:
- Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
- Compensation package corresponding to the value you bring to our team
- Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
- Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
- We are unable to provide relocation assistance for this role - local candidates highly preferred
- We are unable to provide employment sponsorship for this role - unrestricted work authorization required
Cendyn is a cloud-based software and services provider that develops integrated technology platforms for driving sales and marketing performance in the travel and hospitality industry. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers the most complete set of innovative software and services in the industry, covering hotel marketing, guest engagement, group sales, and event management. With offices in Boca Raton, Atlanta, Boston, San Diego, Toronto, Whistler, London, Munich, Tokyo and Singapore, Cendyn proudly serves more than 30,000 clients in 143 countries with enterprise meeting spend levels in excess of $1 billion.