Senior Website Project Manager
Project Management | Remote - NY or Boston | Full Time
As a Senior Website Manager (Project Manager), you are the day-to-day contact to our customers and have the responsibility to understand the scope and context of all website technology to support our customers in achieving their goals. The Senior Website Manager (Project Manager) has overall responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating, and delivering activities pertaining to the technology and business solutions. This requires ensuring project objectives are accomplished and aligned with business goals and priorities; managing the project team to include interactions with various internal departments as well as external vendors and customers.
- Own entire projects via the understanding of requirements, creation and management of timelines, organization of assets & team members and alignment via written and verbal communication
- Collaborate with different departments from Sales, Account Management, Design, Product, Development, SEO, Analytics and Programming to gain alignment and transform information into a cohesive plan
- Ability to work successfully with 3rd party tools and understand the requirements for implementation
- Actively monitor project risks and scope to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Serve as a main client contact on projects, clarify strategic requirements, explain complex ideas clearly, and manage expectations
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members and leaders on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
- Consistently identify needs that your clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Drive project delivery through effective use of internal and external status meetings (i.e. coordinate and facilitate meetings, draft and issue timely agendas and recaps, follow up on action items, etc.)
- Be passionate about delivering the best creative, but find ways of producing it that it does not jeopardize an on-time on-budget approach
- Conduct final client level quality assurance testing on all deliverables
- Mentor junior team members by providing strong leadership, guidance & hands-on support, where applicable
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of related professional experience, including Digital Project Management experience supporting cross-functional digital projects. Hospitality website experience is preferred but not required.
- Successfully managed the full Lifecyle of multiple website projects or custom web related projects (e.g., booking engine)
- Professional maturity, composure, and emotional intelligence
- Knowledge of project management/planning software
- You thrive under deadlines, juggling multiple and competing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent client facing and relationship management skills
- Business Management Skills - Strong leadership skills (listening, communications, coaching), proven ability to formulate and implement strategies, ability to manage in a matrix organization, ability to implement and manage change.
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Decision Making – Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Office Tools – Strong technical aptitude and skilled in MS Windows-based office tools including project management, SharePoint, presentation software, database software and desktop applications
- Empowerment, Coaching and Teambuilding – Ability to provide guidance and coaching while empowering staff to perform their role. Create and maintain sense of teamwork to ensure accountability, cooperation and collaboration towards a common goal.
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze situations, identify solutions and formulate recommendations for effective management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner
- Innovation – Ability to initiate creative thinking to accomplish continuous improvement and evolution of the PMO.
- Communication – Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
This job operates in an office environment. Working in an office environment requires a high degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a moderately noisy open office environment with centrally controlled head/AC setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m and subject to changes by Manager’s communication.
Some light travel within the local market may be required
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.