Internal Application: Key Account Manager
Sales APAC | Remote in Tokyo, Japan | Full Time
- The Key Account Manager is a customer facing ambassador of Cendyn who works with hotels and hotel groups that are existing customers in all terms of commercial relationships and strategic account development.
- The Key Account Manager consults the customers on their distribution, revenue management, client relationship, loyalty, corporate sales, web and digital marketing strategies to help them driving targeted business to their properties. By being responsible to drive more revenues to the hotels and to sell new products to existing customers, the Key Account Manager is essential for Cendyn to reach the planned revenue targets.
- The Key Account Manager works closely with the Customer Success Management, Product and with the Sales team within the region. The role requires cooperation with Support, Demand Sales and other Cendyn teams and employees worldwide.
- The role does not provide day-to-day support functions but is also meant to provide clients with the advisory services they need to best configure their technology to improve their operational efficiency while maximizing customers’ potential to generate attractive Return on Investment (ROI) for every room they manage and sell.
- Maintain recurring communications with existing clients as set forth by the EVP Sales & Account Management through online meetings, telephone calls, personal meetings and emails in order to maximize client satisfaction.
- Responsible for renewing client contracts long term and brickwalling the to the competition, sell additional and new products to the designated customer base.
- Responsible for creation, maintenance and delivery of sales pipeline, upselling products and services or selling new products into the current customer base as well as expanding the current customer base through extraordinary service that encourage customers to purchase Cendyn technology as our customers themselves grow.
- Carry out regular analysis of designated client results and booking volumes to better target where revenue assistance might be provided. Such assistance may include help from others in the Company in other departments if appropriate.
- Maintaining an accurate white space analysis with potential up- and cross selling opportunities including competition information.
- Utilize CRM available to update and maintain accounts, contact related details for each account designated by using the MEDDICC sales methodology.
- Accurate forecasting of all new sales and renewal opportunities on a weekly basis to assure the financial outlook and set budgets can be achieved.
- Provide client related updates as requested.
- Cultivate client account and contact relationships by growing a broad contact base within the customer and build a powerbase structure for each of them. Establishing Go-to-market and Sales strategies for a set of customers that is changing when new customers are coming on board. The Key Account Manager proactively consult our customers to optimize technology setup. Selling new products to existing customers in line with the MEDDICC sales methodology to grow revenue share from all existing customers.
- Achieving a set quota each quarter.
- Insure our key clients receive the best services, response time, and problem resolution, which mirrors in contract renewals, customer retention and high customer satisfaction. Arranging customer testimonials with existing clients for different products.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Strong experience in Sales and/or Account Management.
- Strong Experience in travel industry sales for hotels and hotel groups in particular
- Strong consulting experience in hotel technology and digital marketing
- Strong Experience in managing, expanding and developing relationships with multiple customers at a senior level
- Experience in usage and functionality of CRS, CRM, Loyalty, Revenue Management, Web and Digital Marketing
- Experience and understanding of travel industry trends, issues and emerging technology
- Working knowledge of standard CRM tools (Salesforce, Zoho, etc…)
- Comfortable and experienced in communicating with clients, prospects and peers
- Ability to communicated in structured, clear and concise formats with executives and customers interested in key takeaways and recommendations
- Technology literate and confident – demonstrated understanding of interoperability of information systems used by hotels with view to optimizing their performance to improve customers’ financial performance
- Strong listening skills and reassuring to fully understand the customer needs
- Work well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving abilities with interest in challenges
- Sense of urgency
- Self-starter and motivated, bringing energy and a can-do attitude to the team
- Client-focused and always demonstrating initiative
- Independent thinker with demonstrated ability to weigh pros and cons of actions and make sound decisions independently
- Language skills: Business and negotiating firm in English speaking & writing
- Any second and third language is a plus
Degree or equivalent relevant business knowledge
- Like challenges to achieve revenue targets
- Open minded
- Ability to work independently and follow up to tasks
- Welcomes responsibility and accountability
Travel as and when required to meet the responsibilities of the role