Director of Operations - APAC
General Management | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
The Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring that the organization is well positioned in a rapidly evolving and competitive environment by being an agent for ongoing organizational change. The position ensures that strategies are clearly understood by all stakeholders and that the organization is achieving its strategic and contractual goals at the optimum pace and level. In conjunction with the President and Management Team, this position identifies and leads new business development opportunities. Also ensures highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization. The position requires high level strategy building competence while being able to provide hands-on support at any parts of our growing operations.
The position reports to the General Manager, APAC.
We opened this role as a new position for our future growth in the region and a longer recruitment process may be expected.
- Create a plan to improve our cloud compliance by reviewing our processes and customer requirements
- Review and respond to hosting requirements from customers and prospects
- Help team improve their capabilities to deploy new customers and new releases
- Work with development and product management to understand and influence our hosting-related product plans
- Drive customer satisfaction by providing world-class application availability and protection of customer data
- Direct the team to perform or directly handle system setup, system administration, incident resolution, problem management, configuration management, change management, security monitoring, security management, capacity planning, availability management and disaster recovery
- Establish 24x7 performance monitoring and response processes
- Ensure efficiency and predictability of deployments and upgrades
- Provide on-call support outside of normal work hours and work days as needed
- Learn our software, our technology changes, and monitor our customers’ needs constantly
- Hire, train, direct, and develop the operations team directly or indirectly.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- 5+ years of cloud operations experience with and strong knowledge of, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or other cloud platforms
- Experience working closely with software development, quality, product management, data transfer teams. Hands on development experience is a plus.
- Expertise in cloud security compliance including experience with security audits
- Experience working at a USA based organization and flexibility to manage time difference challenges
- Experience managing networking infrastructure and monitoring
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with both technical and business people in terms they can understand
- Experience in a high performance global cloud enterprise operations environment
- Project management skills, certification preferred
- People and budget management experience is a plus
- Ability to travel 25% of the time locally and internationally including USA
- Professional humility to act upon both complex and simple client requirements
- Hospitality industry experience / hotel systems integration experience is strongly preferred
What we offer
- Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
- Compensation package corresponding to the value you bring to our team
- Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
- Support from our international leadership team to build your career with us
- We are unable to provide employment pass sponsorship, work authorization is required
Cendyn (www.cendyn.com) is a cloud-based software and services provider that develops integrated technology platforms for driving sales and marketing performance in the travel and hospitality industry. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers the most complete set of innovative software and services in the industry, covering hotel marketing, guest engagement, group sales, and event management. With offices in Boca Raton, Atlanta, Boston, Whistler, London, Munich, Tokyo and Singapore,Cendyn proudly serves more than 30,000 hotels in 143 countries. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, Cendyn is a privately held, high growth, portfolio company of Accel-KKR.