Information Technology | North East, MD | Full Time
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for nearly 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
Reporting to the Manager of Institutional Research, the Data Analyst is responsible for providing support to the college community as it relates to data. Responsibilities include collaborating with others to develop and maintain databases and data systems necessary for projects and department functions; acquiring, aggregating and abstracting primary or secondary data from existing internal or external data sources; and, developing and implementing data collection and reporting systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings
- Develop appropriate graphs, reports, dashboards, and presentations of data
- Perform basic statistical analyses for projects and reports
- Generate routine and ad-hoc reports using SQL and other standard report writers
Education: Associates degree required. Bachelor's in Information Management, Computing, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields preferred
Experience: 1-2 years Previous Data Analyst experience preferred
Skills/Training: (Expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, desktop publishing and Internet Research.
- Understanding of database queries/query languages
- Programming skills preferred
- Adept at queries and report writing
- Knowledge of Power BI preferred
- Knowledge of statistics, at least to the degree necessary in order to communicate statistical concepts
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
Proficiencies: Demonstrated abilities to coordinate multiple schedules, assess priorities, and meet deadlines; must exhibit excellent communication and writing/composition skills, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and proficiency in problem-solving
Position start date will be no sooner than July 13, 2020.
For best consideration, please apply by June 10, 2020.