Custodian - Part Time (2 POSITIONS)
Facilities | North East, MD | Part Time
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for nearly 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
For best consideration, please apply by 5/27/2020.
2 positions available:
1st position - Monday-Friday 6:00 am-11:00 am, North East Main Campus
2nd position - Monday-Friday 4:30 pm-9:30 pm, Elkton Station
**The schedules may be altered based upon operational need.
The Custodian is responsible for maintaining campus facilities in a safe and efficient manner through the following duties:
- Cleans building spaces through daily assignment.
- Vacuums classrooms, hallways, furniture, and common areas.
- Cleans bathrooms.
- Dusts assigned areas.
- Washes windows.
- Cleans tables.
- Removes trash and recyclables and disposes of in proper receptacles.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
- Buffs, strips, and waxes floors.
- Monitors supplies levels in custodial closets.
- Participates in all required safety and occupational training.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensures compliance with all College rules and policies.
- Assists other departments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior custodial experience preferred.
- Ability to work well with others throughout the campus community.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during inclement weather, and special events that may require evening, Saturday and Sunday work hours.
- Must be able to lift and move up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
- The worker will be subject to dust, noise, fumes, and odors.
- The worker will be exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- The physical activity of this position includes, but is not limited to: climbing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching standing, pulling, lifting, grasping, twisting, sitting and feeling.
- Safety equipment will be provided where needed and required to be worn or used.
- Employment Experience in a college or university setting is preferred.