Employee Experience Manager
Human Resources | Agoura Hills, CA | Full Time
Message from the Hiring Manager:
"The Employee Experience Manger is responsible for cultivating all aspects of the employee life cycle. Through strategic development and execution of Employee Experience initiatives, you support and drive business results, foster manager success, and increase employee engagement and retention. The ideal candidate is a strategic collaborator who serves as a business partner to Caldera Medical leadership."
"You are a smart, data-driven decision maker and takes professional pride in operational excellence, while meeting and exceeding stretch goals. You are highly adaptable -- having been successful in meeting the demands of a big company as well as being scrappy and hands-on."
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic leader of the Employee Experience team, setting our employees up for success to deliver our business goals.
- Partner with colleagues and leaders to create, communicate, and implement programs and initiatives aligned to business strategy in the areas of employee value proposition, employer brand, recruitment, total rewards, performance management, recognition, engagement, career development, diversity, and employee relations.
- Establish appropriate and effective systems, metrics, and processes to ensure that the HR operations and recruiting organization can track and report on activities and meet SLAs.
- Manage compensation and benefits strategy and administration.
- Act as a champion for Caldera Medical’s mission, vision, and values and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment.
- Continuously assess regulatory and compliance risk and ensure appropriate policies and procedures, working closely with the general counsel.
- Oversee recruiting, including managing and meeting staffing/hiring objectives, championing and leading a behavior-based interview process that continually raises the bar on our talent, managing related processes such as immigration, while ensuring that we deliver the best candidate experience.
- Performance Management: lead the strategy and implementation of effective systems and practices of performance management, including regular performance reviews, organizational leadership reviews, succession planning, performance improvement plan management, and managing and meeting objectives for rates of attrition.
- Training and Development: lead the strategy and implementation for training and development programs that are appropriate to the needs and scale of Caldera Medical.
- Establish and manage objectives and practices to enable Caldera Medical to meet its goals for building and maintaining a diverse workforce.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations issues when necessary.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You are a leader who inspires ideas, encourages test & learn, and takes well thought out risks.
- You are flexible yet thoughtful in your strategic decision making, striking the right balance between advocating for our business and our employees.
- You have a proven track record of setting a vision and strategy for an HR function or group and driving solutions and practices that are both innovative and resourceful.
- Demonstrated good judgment; ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches.
- Ability to manage conflicts and drive to resolution.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM- CP/ SHRM SCP (general or California-specific) certification.
- Ability to be at least conversational in Spanish.
- Standalone position must be willing to be hands-on at ALL levels.
- Must be familiar with both federal and CA Labor Laws and compliance with all existing requirements for EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, OSHA, workers' comp, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You have 7+ years of applicable People & Culture / Human Resources leadership experience in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and previous experience partnering with various leadership levels.
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking skills and experience with interpreting and analyzing data.
- Solutions focused - Ability to investigate and identify root cause issues and craft/implement effective responses/actions.
- Positive can-do type of attitude and create or reinforce a positive employee relations atmosphere.
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field.
Who is Caldera Medical?
Caldera Medical is a growth stage medical device company dedicated to improving the quality of life for women. In 2018, Caldera was ranked one of Inc 5000’s fastest growing private companies in the United States and was ranked #38 fastest growing private company and #3 fastest growing Healthcare Company in Los Angeles by the LA Business Journal. We develop and market differentiated surgical implants specifically for the treatment of Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Our products are used by Urogynecologists, Gynecologists, and Urologists worldwide.
“It’s exciting to work for a company with high growth potential. More importantly, it’s meaningful and a delight to get up every day and singularly focus on improving women’s health worldwide.”
-Bahar Sutorius, Vice President, Operations
Our Culture- Where Career and Passion come together!
- A Culture of family and team… not a corporate goliath where you’re just another number.
- All employees get a seat at the table and have influence with management.
- We care about giving back to the community. Our team donates time to helping local charities throughout Southern California.
- The Women’s Health Initiative is the heart of what we do, every day we put underprivileged women first.
- Our goal is to treat 1 million women suffering from incontinence by 2025!
Competitive Compensation, Comprehensive Benefits, and more!
- Medical and Dental Benefits – 75% paid for employee and family members
- Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with 4% matching contributions after 90 days of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 6 Weeks Paid Maternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays- including your birthday!
- Being surrounded by amazing people!
Hear it from our very own! Learn more about Caldera on Glassdoor
Caldera Medical is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.