Technical Writing | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Technical Writer/Illustrator 1018208
A leading technology company is looking for a Technical Writer/Illustrator. The successful candidate will produce high-quality documentation for our multiple NPI programs. The ideal candidate must have the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and graphics (pictures, drawings, etc.), as well as the ability to deliver high-quality documentation, paying attention to detail. The company offers a family-oriented culture and environment!
Technical Writer/Illustrator Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $60/hr
- Worksite: Leading Electronics Testing and Measurement Company (Santa Rosa, CA 95403)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Technical Writer/Illustrator Responsibilities:
- Produce high-quality documentation for our multiple NPI programs, specifically manufacturing procedures and service manuals.
- Collaborate with engineers, production personnel, and managers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the products to be documented and the project requirements.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, edit, and produce the documents per a project timeline.
Technical Writer/Illustrator Qualifications:
- 2-3+ years experience documenting mechanical based manufacturing procedures, preferably laser or optical products
- Experience working with operators, technicians, and engineers to capture and record content
- Ability to use 3D CAD modeling software to generate illustrations/diagrams to communicate key steps in the procedure
- Proven working experience in technical writing of manufacturing procedures and customer-facing documentation.
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation, paying attention to detail.
- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF
- Doc control / revision control. Flowcharting (Visio etc)
- Mechanical aptitude (product assembly/disassembly proficiency); good hands-on skills.
- Laser & fiber optic experience preferred.
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
- 40 hours/week, 24 Month Assignment