Sr. Software Engineer, Web Apps
Software ENG & DEV | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Software Engineer, Web Apps 812637
You will be part of the User Interface and App Ecosystem team within the Communication Business group. We are building video communication devices as a platform. You will be working on the web-based user interface and JS SDK/APIs for Voice products. This is a high visibility, high impact position.
- Develop web apps for video communication devices
- Build extensible and reusable UI components.
- Maintain and improve web UI for the video conferencing system
- Deliver technical specifications and API documents
- Employ best practice development techniques to ensure product quality
- Write unit tests and work with QA on the test plan to ensure quality
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to validate and realize concepts
- Work in an agile environment with distributed teams globally across different time zones
- Support app developers/partners on the app framework and collect feedback from them
- Participate in integration and debugging sessions with the cross-functional team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
- 5+ years of experience with web app development
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience React/ Redux or with the latest JS libraries and frameworks like AngularJS
- Experience using RESTful APIs, Promises, and asynchronous JS
- Experience with the latest JS testing frameworks and tools
- Excellent understanding of CSS, HTML & HTML DOM.
- Excellent understanding of HTTP, cookies, caching, and HTML5 web storage
- Familiar with at least one backend development environment like Node.js, Django, etc.
- Experience working with devices or similar products
- Familiar with WebRTC and MediaStream, Websockets APIs
- Familiar with Parcel or similar packaging tools
- Experience with Stylus
- Experience with Mocha, Jest, Puppeteer
- Experience with the device user interface
- Familiar with tools: Git, Perforce, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence
$85 per Hour Sunnyvale, CA 94085 6 Month Assignment