Sr. Software Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr. Software Engineer 2714
A leading enterprise software solutions company is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer - Resilience Engineering. The successful candidate will work with the wider OMS engineering and DB teams to improve the design and architecture of our solutions, build new features, and make sure our services are operating smoothly. The ideal candidate has experience in software development with extensive development experience in OOP language Java and a scripting language such as Python. The company offers a great work environment.
Sr. Software Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $75/hr
- Worksite: Leading enterprise software solutions company (Pleasanton, CA 94588)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, PSL
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment
Sr. Software Engineer Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in software development with extensive development experience in OOP language Java and a scripting language such as Python.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- A deep understanding and experience with topics related to security tooling and best practices, dependency scanning, and vulnerability management.
- Experience writing infrastructure automation code using Jenkins/TeamCity, Chef, Ansible, and working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, and docker.
- An understanding of networks, proxies, operating systems, restful services, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, and microservices.
- Experience with platform software components such as MySQL, OS, JVM, Tomcat, etc.
- Experience working with private and public clouds.
- Strong knowledge of Design Patterns and the ability to design and construct layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications. Experience with microservices, SOA, and API layer desired.
- Collaborative and committed team player with excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with development and monitoring tools such as GIT/SVN, Eclipse/IntelliJ, JUnit, Maven/Gradle, and Sensu.
- Web Application Development, Application Servers Tomcat, and Web Services development experience (SOAP or REST)