Sr Software Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Sr Software Engineer (Database) 1710
To accelerate the ongoing Oracle to PostgreSQL migration project and to leverage the PostgreSQL expertise and experience from similar projects we are hiring additional contractors to the project.
Software Engineer (Systems): Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products. Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. Survey Tip: This job should be matched by companies that develop systems software. Companies that have both applications and systems software engineers and do not identify them by function.
We are looking for a creative and motivated server-side engineer with good database development experience.
- 5+ years of software development and database experience
- Expert in Python coding skills
- Experience with Postgres and Oracle
- Experience in Java programming
- Experience in PL/SQL, SQL, Stored procedures and Java
- Experience with distributed systems, fault-tolerance, redundancy, and SQL performance
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
$85 per hour Palo Alto, CA 94303 4 Month Assignment