Quality Assurance | Brisbane, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
QA Analyst 808469
This is primarily an office/desk position that requires experience and familiarity with reading and understanding CMS and TJC stroke measure specifications; EPIC clinical chart review; and stroke data abstraction and submission as required under CMS Stroke Core Measures, TJC Primary/Comprehensive Stroke Measures, and Stroke Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) registry. This person will not need to interact with or care for patients but it’s important we get someone that is comfortable with reviewing clinical charts and familiar with stroke care/treatments to ensure a smooth and quick transition before our current employee goes on LOA.
- Responsible for activities at the company which supports the Mission, Vision, Goals and Values of the organization and promotes high-quality patient and family care services.
- Works to identify/implement strategies to improve the quality of care to patients of the company.
- In support of internal and external quality initiatives, the Quality Analyst applies extensive knowledge of quality data analysis and/or improvement concepts, methodologies, and data collection and abstraction techniques to substantial projects of large scope and high degrees of complexity.
- In support of designated clinical departments, the incumbent will partner with physicians in a team-based approach to drive the program and maintain an open dialogue to achieve true north goals.
- The Quality Analyst performs detailed technical work related to performance improvement, chart review, data collection, and data entry in support of The Joint Commission (TJC) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Core Measures, and other quality measurement formats as it applies.
- The Quality Analyst identifies potential problems in the care delivery process as a result of data monitoring and formulates a workgroup to resolve the issue and ensures new processes are in place to improve the delivery of care.
- Supports designated clinical areas on data management including establishing systems to acquire data. Develops appropriate data reporting structures to support quality reviews for new initiatives.
- Analyzes and interprets data at most levels of complexity and summarizes statistical findings. Develops corresponding reports, dashboards, presentations, and action plans. Participates in development of executive summaries.
- Identifies statistical trends, and potential issues in patient care and services. Works collaboratively on highly complex projects in assigned clinical departments to develop corrective plans, and monitor their effectiveness.
- Within assigned clinical departments, prepares incident reports and conducts QI reviews of complex mortality cases, sentinel events, readmissions, and other cases flagged by screening criteria. Identifies cases that require urgent review and provides follow up.
- Performs timely and accurate reporting of quality data to appropriate internal departments and outside agencies.
- Collaborates on clinical and technical project teams to apply complex QI models and techniques to improve clinical care and patient safety; develops plans to improve quality of patient care.
- Researches best practices and develops proposals for improvements in the data collection and reporting processes and / or systems.
- Provides advice and recommendations on complex clinical QI issues of functionality, efficiency, and program development.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or other healthcare profession, or a combination of comparable clinical education and / or experience.
- Master’s degree in nursing or other healthcare profession, or a combination of comparable clinical education and/or experience preferred
- Lean / Six Sigma Certification
- Certified Professionals in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Thorough knowledge of QI standards, clinical chart review and abstraction, and regulatory requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of QI models, measurement tools, and techniques, including collection, aggregation, abstraction, validation, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Detail oriented, with proven ability to effectively manage time, see projects through to completion, organize competing priorities, and effectively address complex, urgent issues as they arise.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to manage multiple levels of information and responsibilities, to quickly assess complex problems, and to develop and implement timely and effective solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills for collaborating effectively with a broad range of clinical and technical staff and representatives of external regulatory agencies and for mentoring lower-level QI staff.
- Strong skills required to effectively convey complex clinical and technical information both verbally, visually and in writing and to produce high quality reports and documentation.
- Strong knowledge of various administrative and business software packages, and of the specialized applications for quality data management.
- Strong skills to influence staff, management, and clinicians at all levels and across departments.
- 3 years of experience with QI standards, clinical chart review and abstraction, and regulatory requirements.
$60-$65 per hour Brisbane, CA 94005 6 Month Assignment