Project Management | Burbank, CA | Full Time and Contract
Project Manager, Scrum Master 764713
We are looking for a technical project manager/scrum master for the PMO team, for some development teams. You are a solution provider, change-agent, expert of jugglers, and keeper of the agile process for your teams. With a passion for process, you keep your eyes on the delivery goal, and coaching your teams to do the same, leading several distributed project teams from start to finish. This role looks for someone who loves the Scrum Master role, embedded with up to 2 cross-functional scrum teams, and making things happen! You know what it takes to manage complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders and a diverse team of collaborators. Your communication skills give new meaning to the word “transparency” and you’re not afraid to crack the whip when deliverables start to slip. Above all, you deliver your projects on time, on budget, and on target.
- Agile project management of software development cross-functional teams comprising of onsite and offsite engineers, QA, a product manager, an engineering manager and design resource.
- Manage multiple scrum teams throughout the whole software development lifecycle, through planning, development, enhancement and maintenance.
- Scrum Master for web/desktop and OTT project teams
- Work with Growth Team on A/B testing, data insights and other experiment activities.
- Manage web releases across several web teams by tracking fix versions in Jira and working with technical leads for deployments.
- Work with Product, Design, Engineering and various stakeholders to prioritize and coordinate development efforts to deliver on schedule, ensuring team collaboration, proper planning, execution and delivery are timely for the overall success of the projects.
- Coach, facilitate and maintain consistent and beneficial Agile process methodologies for the teams, driving process and transparency, by conducting grooming, sprint planning, daily scrum standups, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives on an iterative schedule. Coach the team to self-organize, work cross-functionally and offer techniques and tools.
- Communicate with the business around teams velocity and projects health not just for your own teams but supporting the PMO in reporting on all team’s status - progress, risks, capacity issues, roadblocks and other key performance indicators as required, the good, bad and the ugly through the various artifacts of scrum (i.e. backlogs to burn down charts), status reports and just common-sense communication efforts.
- Prepare and manage project plans, documentation, risk mitigation and resource management as needed for cross-team initiatives and large projects/programs and act as liaison between cross-functional teams (design, engineering, editorial, sales and marketing) to drive end-to-end development of products.
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues and remove impediments for the team.
- Be a technical thought-leader, constantly improving how we work, championing a positive culture, both for your team and the wider business unit, and through working with other PMs within the PMO to help foster agile scrum and productivity methodologies throughout the organization.
- Scrum Master certification with deep understanding all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban and other methodologies) including the ceremonies of backlog grooming, standups, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective.
- 3-4 years multi-project management experience in a fast-paced, deadline driven, technical (SDLC) environment.
- Experience working in Web, Mobile Applications and OTT development teams in technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, IOS, ANDROID
- Experience running A/B Tests and experiments with website teams, including reporting of results to stakeholders.
- Website Release Deployment/Management experience
- A mastery of both agile and traditional frameworks and know when to use for the best results.
- A bag of project planning tools, tricks and processes for roadmapping, planning, gantt, yet all the while fostering iterative processes and feedback milestones in the SDLC.
- Proficiency in tools: Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Slack, and ability to whip up a presentation or project plan when needed.
- A proactive, efficient, and resourceful approach and ability to thrive in a creative and deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication and status sharing skills, and excellent listening skills
- Willing to travel occasionally between San Francisco and Los Angeles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
You might also have:
- SAFe Agilist certification in addition to ScrumMaster a plus.
- Expert Admin JIRA user.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, Subscription or Membership sites, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites development, video and/or knowledge of advertising concepts (traditional and/or online)
- Knowledge of responsive design experience on Mobile, Desktop and Large TV screens.
- Basic proficiency with standard development software (do not need to be able to code, but a general understanding of what each can do, etc.)
$50 Per Hour Burbank, CA 91505 4-6+ Month Assignment