Project Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Project Manager 896922
The Project Manager will oversee Practice Access Optimization (PAO) projects related to the goal of improving Patient Care Access and transforming the patient and referring provider experience. S/he will ensure that projects are appropriately scoped; and delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. The Project Manager will use project management frameworks and methods to create project plans, track progress against activities and milestones, and manage resources; identify, communicate and mitigate risks and issues; create and deliver project communications including status reporting; monitor project performance; manage client and partner relationships including conflict resolution, change management, and technology adoption when necessary; properly manage and store project documentation; protect proprietary and confidential data (PHI, PII, and other legally protected information.
The Project Manager will be a key bridge between the organization and its partners. Within the organization/lndustry partnerships, the Project Manager will work closely with leadership in defining project scope, plan, schedules, risks/issues and resource allocation. S/he will work closely with program managers, operations directors, solutions architects, and clinical partners across organization. S/he should excel at establishing and maintaining client and partner relationships, fostering teamwork and collegial collaboration amongst a diverse project team across clinical, academic and private sector partners. The Project Manager should have experience with managing through shifting priorities. S/he must be an excellent communicator, collaborator, problem solver, and team leader.
The Project Manager will report to the Patient Access Director with project accountabilities to Practice Access Optimization (PAO) Program Manager. The PAO Program works to optimize EPIC/ Cadence scheduling practices, templates, and referral workflows, through innovative system builds and education of end users. The Project Manager will manage a collaboration of the APeX Access application team(s), clinical/business operations, PAO educators and ambulatory leadership to ensure organizational readiness for improved workflows. The Project Manager is responsible for practice engagement and change management associated with project outcomes.
- Oversees project delivery, ensures objectives are met, scopes projects appropriately, and delivers on-time, within scope and within budget. S/he does this by applying project management concepts with a full understanding of project management practices and IT policies and procedures to manage complex projects.
- Leads and facilitates planning sessions with project stakeholders, translating stakeholder input into requirements, scoping/planning documents and ultimately a definitive project plan.
- Structures the phasing/sequencing of the initiative/project or provides input on and takes ownership of the project plan if already developed
- Establishes project methods and templates to ensure adequate planning, tracking, reporting, and change control
- Documents plans appropriately for proper management and storage of project documentation; and protects proprietary and confidential data (PHI, Pl/, and other legally protected information).
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery, interfacing on technical matters; monitors project performance, and tracks progress against planned activities and milestones.
- Manages project resources and ensures activities are in scope
- Identifies, communicates and mitigates risks and issues
- Conducts analyses for complex, project-related issues and makes recommendations to Program Director, executive team and/or steering committees
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
- Establishes relationships and creates clear communication channels with key stakeholders and delivery partners.
- Creates and delivers project communications including status reporting to executive team and/or steering committees
- Ensures project teams are well-informed of product or product roadmap and maintains an deep understanding of the program goals through project delivery.
- Effectively applies judgment and stakeholder management techniques to balance competing requirements with cost, timeline, and complexity
- Escalates issues to Program Manager and/or Program Directors
- Provides direction PAO Team members. Manages diverse project assignments. Acts as advisor to project team members in order to facilitate adherence to project schedules and to resolve technical problems.
- Proactively engages clinics I practices and support departments (e.g. IT) to secure relevant and necessary support in the execution of the project objectives
- Create frameworks and structures to drive project outcomes, ensuring that all relevant policy, internal governance, approvals, and controls, and procedural issues are addressed
- Design and implement change management process
- Design and lead the implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Defines and negotiates any needed acceptance criteria with stakeholders and executes the relevant process
- Organizes interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Requires highly effective organization, management and project management skills.
- Possesses highly effective written and verbal communication skills to convey technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Is able to establish priorities, goals I objectives and timelines.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate and oversee assignments to ensure successful and timely completion as well as to obtain the cooperation of others within and outside the unit. Works in a collaborative manner to achieve results.
- Requires strong conceptual and planning skills.
- Has technical project management knowledge of one or more areas. Subject matter or technical area expertise preferred.
- Mastery of best practices in project management discipline required.
- Has an understanding of how programs relate to other business strategies and initiatives. Strong knowledge and understanding of service delivery principles.
- Thorough knowledge of subject area sufficient for strategic planning, technology assessment and direction.
- Demonstrated skill in managing technical staff. Experienced in leading change management activities and managing their impact across the unit or department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical topics to individuals and groups with potentially varied levels of technical sophistication.
- Experience in the management of ongoing technology infrastructure acquisition and expansion, to include the identification and integration of suitable emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of technical concepts and basic operating principles of data communications,
- computer hardware, vendor IT products, and software.
- Ability to understand the process involved to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied products for use within the technical environment.
- EPIC Knowledge; technical understanding of Epic/Cadence, Epic-Care Ambulatory, Referrals, Prelude-Registration, PB and Reporting systems and integrations/dependencies between those
- Bachelor's degree in related area and I or equivalent experience I training.
- 4+ years of experience managing projects I program in a healthcare environment
- Typically 2-5 years of experience managing an information technology project I within a technology organization.
$75 per hour Remote 3 Month Assignment