Program Management | Burbank, CA | Full Time and Contract
Program Manager 764711
We are looking for a highly motivated and relentless senior program manager for our growing PMO team. You will play a vital part in comprising a polished and cohesive approach to leading our complex projects -a solution provider, change-agent, expert of jugglers, and an agile change agent. You also will be an Agile SAFe change-agent for us, facilitating our newly adopted Agile Release Train (ART) events and processes, assisting our matrix teams in delivering value in our program increments (PIs) and communicating the status of our projects and programs at portfolio level by sharing reports from Jira Portfolio, and possibly Jira Align, to relevant stakeholders. This role is often also referred to as Agile SAFe Release Train Engineer, but in this hybrid role, you also manage several complex projects in the traditional program management sense.
Not a stickler to SAFe framework however, but drawing from all Agile and project management methodologies for our adaptive approach to success of our teams, you bring a passion to iterative delivery and process, keeping your eyes on the delivery goal, and coaching our teams to do the same, leading several distributed project teams from start to finish. This role looks for a keen “servant leader” who goes above and beyond the Scrum Master role, adept at program level, working on cross-team, large scrum-of-scrum initiatives for a common goal. You know what it takes to manage large and complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders and a diverse team of collaborators. Your communication skills give new meaning to the word “deadline” and you’re not afraid to crack the whip when deliverables start to slip. Above all, you deliver your projects on time, on budget, and on target.
- You serve as the “air traffic controller” guiding some of our complex projects and objectives to deliver against aggressive deliverables, time constraints and financial goals to drive customer satisfaction. You can lead multiple project teams to identify risk and mitigation strategies and resolve complex problems. You will work closely with product management, engineering, content teams, and other cross-functional teams, as well as key internal stakeholders, to help drive the scheduling, planning and execution of complex projects within a Program ‘Increment’ or by certain launch dates, leading one or several complex projects or scrum-of-scrum initiatives from inception to completion, to deliver on time, on budget with quality.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value by facilitating the PI Planning on a quarterly basis, steering the Agile Release Trains (ART) to success, which support program level processes, execution, and continuous improvement.
- Facilitate quarterly PI Planning events cross our business unit, including pre-event readiness, during the planning days and post event activities.
- Facilitate the bi-weekly status/steering meetings during the quarter and be the keeper of status during the program increment across all our scrum teams.
- Act as central point of contact program level status and communication
- Work closely with the scrum team project managers in a coordinated fashion.
- Ensure program increment goals, objectives and deliverables are achieved on schedule.
- You will manage our portfolio reporting tools, Jira, Jira Portfolio and possibly Jira Align (Agile Craft), communicating the status of our projects and program, tracking health of teams and sharing reports to key stakeholders.
- Certified Scale Agile Program Consultant or SAFe Agile Scrum Master.
- Experience working in a SAFe Program Layer as a Release Train Engineer and/or Program Management and/or Portfolio Management.
- Hi proficiency with Jira and Jira Portfolio (the software productivity tool) version 3. Also Strong data-driven talents in Jira being able to create dashboards, filters, and modifications to Jira Projects, schemas and boards at Admin level.
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Agile Coach - with full understanding of the Agile Software Development Lifecycle AND demonstrated experience in managing multiple Scrum teams
- Past experience in Traditional waterfall Program Management with time-driven delivery commitments.
- Experience providing program-level / scrum-of-scrum leadership and driving program-level / scrum-of-scrum ceremonies.
- Experience with projects involving solution development and outcome achievement within web or mobile application architecture.
- Moderate Travel to San Francisco
- Experience working in Web and Mobile Applications development teams in technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, IOS, ANDROID
- Proficiency in tools: Jira, Confluence, google suite, Slack, and ability to whip up a presentation or project plan when needed.
- A proactive, efficient, and resourceful approach and ability to thrive in a creative and deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication and status sharing skills, and excellent listening skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in resource allocation/planning and/or product portfolio management
- Experience managing program/enterprise tools such as Agile Craft (Jira Align), Jira Portfolio, Aha! or similar.
- PMP Certification or similar Program/Project Management certification
- Experience with Content Management Systems, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites development, video and/or knowledge of advertising concepts (traditional and/or online.
- Basic proficiency with standard development software (do not need to be able to code, but a general understanding of what each can do, etc.)
$60 Per Hour Burbank, CA 91505 4-6+ Month Assignment