Product Safety Engineer (L)
Technical Operations | Santa Rosa, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Product Safety Engineer 950618 (L)
Develop, improve, and maintain processes to ensure that company products are safe, legal and meet or exceed customer expectations for compliance with national/regional/global regulations.
- Create and maintain locally controlled process documentation required for the successful product safety evaluation of our products.
- Provide information and guidance regarding product safety topics to NPI design teams, manufacturing engineering, and the organization in general.
- Perform product safety evaluations on new and existing products. This includes the evaluations of product design changes and periodic requalifications of existing products.
- Create the required product safety regulatory records and reports, and maintain product safety records in a safe and reliable manner.
- Proactively manage new or changing product safety regulations that may affect products, prevent barriers to trade, and mitigate areas of risk.
- Represent the company as appropriate to external safety organizations (e.g., CSA, UL, FDA, etc.).
- Review product labeling and marketing materials for accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Lead and contribute to product safety event investigations and ensure root cause analysis and corrective action plans are implemented in accordance with the product safety event process
- Ensure that the equipment, processes and skills are in place within Santa Rosa to continue membership in CSA’s Category Certification Program.
- Train Hardware Test Center (HTC) technicians in the areas of product safety testing, process documentation, equipment and process calibration, and verification procedures if appropriate.
- Evaluate calibration and verification data to ensure that product safety test processes are within control limits.
Create and change locally controlled procedures in the area of product safety.
- Approve the application of CSA safety labels on products
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of quality engineering processes and procedures
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with Santa Rosa Hardware Test Center Quality Manual.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience as a Product Regulatory Engineer or Quality/Safety Engineer, with typically 9 to 15 years total experience.
- Familiar with Business Management System Manual.
- Product Safety Training per CSA Category Certification Program.
$40 per hour Santa Rosa, CA 95403 24 Month Assignment