Healthcare/Medical | Brisbane, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Patient Navigator 870816
Patient Navigators needed for COVID Hotline support (this is not patient facing), and manage calls from patients & employees for COVID related reasons.
High volume of inbound call; direct calls appropriately (ie to Nurses, OHS, etc), document information appropriately, and take appropriate action using COVID workflows
- Previous experience as a Navigator and background in health coaching or health education
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and fast paced environment
- Strong phone etiquette, customer service, and communication
- Works alongside multi-disciplinary team to triage patient questions or concerns about administrative, financial, or clinical issues related to transitions across healthcare settings.
Facilitates communication with team to ensure patients receive quick resolution to their questions/concerns by expediting contact with appropriate care providers.
Through use of Cipher View and Voice programs, manages and proposes improvements to workflows, testing new processes in collaboration with the PRIME project management and clinical teams.
Facilitates improved coordination of care based on each service’s or facility’s practice/requirements.
- Participates in development, testing, and piloting of new patient engagement technologies and innovation under the supervision of Manager
- Performs outreach for patient engagement and relationship building for ongoing support of patients and families. Working collaboratively with providers/staff across departments/facilities/agencies, assists patients towards improved recovery and management of clinical conditions. Reinforces treatment plans established by inpatient, primary care, and specialty care providers.
- Provides education and guidance to patients through health coaching; assists the patient in identifying their health care goals, working with the team to follow the plan of care and provide support and resources to help the patient achieve those goals.
- Using Motivational Interviewing, coaches patients in identifying their health goals, providing resources and ongoing support as well as reinforcing treatment plans documented by the care team.
- Assists patients with wellness-related activities, such as basic health information, care coordination, communication with the health center, appointment scheduling with reminders, and medication management. Assists patients in accessing transportation to medical visits, durable medical equipment, prescription medications, and other resources/services. In collaboration with the clinical team, coordinates care and assists patients during transitions of care.
- Provides support during patient stay or clinic visit. Recommends changes or new processes to increase patient satisfaction in navigating across the healthcare system for services.
- Documents all patient encounters in the medical record. Collaborates with clinical staff in problem-solving patient needs and requests for same-day appointments and other appointments requiring care coordination. Works together with the clinical team in the processing and follow-through of urgent patient needs. Uses electronic communication platforms to ensure streamlined communication with team members and tracking of quality metrics.
- Coordinates with other departments, partners, and patients as needed to obtain and document medical records needed for quality improvement priorities in population health
- Strong knowledge of Patient Rights & Responsibilities, Joint Commission standards, and Centers for Medicare / Medicaid regulations.
- Strong knowledge of data collection, compilation, and analytical techniques.
- Strong skills to comprehend and assess patient's grievances to quickly locate appropriate resource for assistance.
- In-depth knowledge of the organization and how to get issues resolved.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to communicate and resolve issues effectively with a diverse population of patients, staff and physicians.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop solutions and recommend changes and follow through with implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software including Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook. Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
- Has the skills to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously, including high daily call volume
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Prior experience developing work flow procedures and implementing systems to improve operations.
- Proficiency with EPIC APeX applications.
- Interest and/or experience working with older adults who may have cognitive difficulties.
- BA/BS degree and a minimum of 2+ years previous experience in a healthcare related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. EMT, health educator, community health worker, social worker, health plan, medical corps and clinical office. staff.)
- Open availability and shift flexibility required; evenings and weekend shifts required.
$30 per hour Brisbane, CA 94005 1 Month Assignment