Partner Relations Specialist
Business Operations | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Partner Relations Specialist (Qualitative) 866453
Are you excited by the digital media industry? Are you a relationship-driven professional with a passion for partnerships, an eye for contracts, and an analytical mind? Join us as we grow our premium spoken word content offering.
About the Department:
The Strategic Content Partnerships team works with external content providers, such as authors and publishers, to bring new audio content on sale to our members. This spans a large array of responsibilities, including managing outbound and inbound partnership leads, deal analysis, contract negotiation and execution, partner onboarding, account management, and client success.
About the Role:
The Partner Relations Specialist will join Strategic Content Partnerships team to help maintain and grow relationships with external content providers. This individual will be the primary point of contact for a wide range of questions related to existing accounts, and work cross-functionally with various teams to manage partner needs. They will also work closely with senior staff on analysis geared at optimizing both new and existing deals around strategic objectives, and take active part in deal negotiations.
You have exceptional organization and communication skills, that will ensure partners’ expectations are exceeded in each interaction. You enjoy building relationships both internally and externally, and are comfortable balancing the needs of your clients with the needs of the company. You know when to pick up the phone, versus write an email, and are comfortable communicating in whichever way best serves the objective. You have superior organizational skills, and things simply do not slip through the cracks when in your hands. You are also excited to learn new tools, and implement better methods for all types of tasks. You are familiar with content agreements and general terms therein, and know your way around a licensing and/or sales conversation.
- Manage relationships with external content providers, including addressing all questions and concerns
- Negotiate and execute amendments, terminations, and other contracts as needed on existing accounts
- Work closely with internal teams to research comprehensive answers to partner inquiries
- Analyze partner performance to assess optimal deal structures
- Initiate and execute operational improvements to support content partnerships
- Proven ability to negotiate terms, and execute through closing
- Minimum 3-5 years in a client-facing partnership/sales/account management or comparable position(s)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance and track a high volume of tasks per week
- Ease of use manipulating and analyzing large data sets and projections
- Experience with Salesforce, or comparable software, Tableau, and Excel
- Contract management experience, including close work with legal teams
- Sales or partnerships role within a media or entertainment company
- A passion for storytelling and content development
Newark, NJ 07102 9 Month Assignment