Global Sourcing Manager
Procurement | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Global Sourcing Manager 2476
A leading enterprise software solutions company is seeking a Global Sourcing Manager. The successful candidate will assist in the development and implementation of sourcing standards and strategies, policies, and procedures, and will investigate innovative methods to obtain the optimal value from goods and services. The ideal candidate must have a keen eye for detail, be able to provide insights based on market conditions and trends. The company offers a great work environment.
Global Sourcing Manager Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $75/hr
- Worksite: Leading enterprise software solutions company (Pleasanton, CA 94588 - also open to Salt Lake City, UT 84111 and Atlanta, GA 30326)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- 40 hours/week, 3 Month Assignment, possible extension or conversion
Global Sourcing Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage sourcing categories in IT, software, and hardware.
- Assist in the development and implementation of sourcing standards and strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Implement guidelines or standards from which suppliers should be selected; recommend additions to and deletions from the supplier database as appropriate.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers to obtain products and services at the best cost and value in order to ensure end-user needs are met; negotiate delivery, terms, conditions, and pricing.
- Lead the development, distribution, analysis, and presentation of RFIs and RFPs.
- Develop and manage supplier performance scorecards, audit company-wide spending to identify areas of opportunity for cost savings.
- Additionally, this role will work with the stakeholders to align and provide strategic direction in developing projects.
Global Sourcing Manager Qualifications:
- Proficient in technology procurement/vendor management of a high-tech, high growth environment with at least 3+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration or technical discipline.
- A leader with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstration of critical thinking, ability to question the output of a financial model and consider options for improvement.
- Possess a clear understanding of category management/strategic sourcing as a professional discipline, with a particular focus on technology purchasing.
- Working knowledge of legal terminology/contract law with the ability to draft basic contracts, negotiate standard form contracts and manage the signature/approval process.
- Demonstrate excellence in managing internal customers and stakeholders with excellent collaboration skills, strong listening skills, and naturally inclusive decision-making environments.
- Proactive, result-oriented, with a can-do attitude in meeting critical deadlines.
- Adhere and enhance all corporate standards, strategies, policies, and procedures.