Cloud DevOps Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, Temporary, and Temp to Full Time
Cloud DevOps Engineer 887548
We are hiring for our new, high-visibility self-service API experience that will bring innovations to new and existing customers. This is a unique team, working like a startup within an organization, that will reward flexibility and speed with ownership and personal development. Are you excited to shape a new era and be at the forefront of technology hitting developers’ hands?
This is a technical contributor role which requires knowledge of web architecture, infrastructure, development, protocols, security, and continuous integration & deployment. You will build new functionality, increase scale, and deliver quality work against technical and schedule challenges in an agile environment while following strong software design and process principles to meet our customer demands. You will be working with talented engineers on cutting-edge technologies while continually growing your skills as an engineer.
We are looking for someone who can work well in a startup within an organization and can bring flexibility, speed, and quality to our team. You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development as well as a deep understanding of best practices in various languages and technologies. Additionally, you should be passionate about and take great personal pride in building cool interfaces for other developers to use.
If you are an expert at designing, developing, and deploying web services, and like to be challenged, this is the perfect opportunity for you to help define this exciting new field.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable field
- 2+ years’ demonstrable professional experience in a DevOps role deploying and supporting commercial, scalable & secure medium+ size cloud-deployed web services or websites
- 2+ years’ professional experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Professional experience writing & maintaining Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Professional experience development & maintenance of a CI/CD system
- Ability to write clear & concise documentation for development, QA & support teams
- Ability to understand and contribute to full-stack product needs and requirements
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications
- Skilled in AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Gitlab agents
- Has previous experience doing dev ops for a website or API service
$80 per hour San Francisco, CA 94103 3 Month Assignment (Possible Conversion)