CATR Electrical Engineer
Electrical Engineer | Santa Rosa, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
CATR Electrical Engineer 887611
This is an electrical engineering position for Manufacturing R&D support of the OTA Compact Antenna Test Range (CATR) chambers and accessories for the 5G solutions.
- Active involvement in new product introduction (NPI) processes, including insuring manufacturability and conformance with the global supply chain.
- Active participation in prototyping process during R&D and managing the transition into production and transfer to Penang.
- Creating test processes by leveraging the existing ones and refining the techniques to increase thru put.
- Creating Test Support Documents (TSDs) for the new products.
- Managing and performing the regulatory tests including Measurement Uncertainty (MU) tests as required by 5G standards organizations.
- Direct involvement in the test process automation.
- Retaining Engineering Responsibility for product performance and reliability.
- BS or MSEE with strong knowledge of RF and Microwave theory and applications, including S-parameters.
- Experienced with different functions of PNA products, and calibration process.
- Basic knowledge of antennas and wave propagation theory.
- Experience with printed circuit board troubleshooting.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and follow-thru.
- Demonstrated track record of learning new concepts and theories.
- Prior experience with antenna measurements in anechoic chambers.
- Experience with RF/Microwave simulation tools, such as ADS.
- Programming skills, including with Matlab and/or Python.
- Prior experience with millimeter-wave test and measurements.
- Knowledge of EMC tests, including isolation and shielding effectiveness.
$35 per hour Santa Rosa, CA 95403 24 Month Assignment