Associate General Counsel
Legal | New York, NY | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Associate General Counsel
We are seeking a highly motivated attorney to join the legal department to assist and advise on legal issues relating to commercial agreements, digital advertising sales, monetization, content licensing, and other transactional matters. The right person for this position must be a team player with highly collaborative interpersonal skills. This individual will take pride in personal excellence, display a high level of energy and possess a proven ability to thrive in an environment with frequently shifting priorities.
Associate General Counsel Pay and Benefits:
- Pay Rate: $200K
- Worksite: Leading entertainment streaming company (New York, NY 10020)
- Job Type: Direct hire
Associate General Counsel Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing and negotiating agreements with advertisers, agencies, and third parties in support of brand/content creative initiatives.
- Advise cross-functional stakeholders on legal risks related to the licensing of content for inclusion in the company platforms, advertising sales, and transactional revenue-generating opportunities.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial and technology agreements, including strategic business agreements, service agreements, consulting services agreements, and data monetization agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal transactions and drive them to close.
- Work collaboratively with business and legal leaders to implement and execute strategic business and legal priorities.
- Identify risks and advise cross-functional stakeholders on developing legal areas (including the ability to conduct legal training as necessary)
- Work collaboratively with business and legal leaders to identify legal priorities and implement legal operations strategies for commercial and technology agreements.
Associate General Counsel Qualifications:
- 10+ years of commercial/technology law experience required,
- 5 years of in-house experience preferred.
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
- Experience providing legal review of social media campaigns, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with content, advertising, production, digital advertising sales, and commercial law matters.
- Working knowledge of data issues, data monetization, and digital advertising ecosystem with an interest in learning more.
- Experience with technology companies preferred.
- Desire and ability to work on a wide variety of matters, including those outside of subject-matter expertise.
- Ability to make decisions and pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and in a solutions-oriented manner.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships, maintaining composure in a demanding atmosphere.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature, and able to influence.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Microsoft Office, document comparison applications, document management systems, and communication and collaboration applications.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Collaboration Tools: Google Suite, Slack.