Advanced DevOps Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Atlanta, GA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Advanced DevOps Engineer 823824
We are seeking an advanced level DevOps engineer, to take charge and enable a Continuous Delivery software development environment for Agile innovation and team collaboration. You will be primarily responsible for architecting, specifying and building new systems through automation, as well as contributing to the planning, re-architecture or refactoring of systems already in use. You will assist with the configuration of tools, servers, IDE and test environment to make the lab usable and turnkey. You will work with the developers to enable the team as a whole to be productive and innovative, whilst ensuring high system stability and minimize system downtime and customer impact. You will be responsible for adding efficiency, reliability, and repeatability into the merge, build verification and deployment process, making it faster while removing the risk of errors. You will work with the developers to quickly identify and resolve build or deployment problems.
- Develop and support the CI/CD processes for the building, packaging, and deployment of all aspects of the delivered software platform across both Linux and Windows.
- Provide architecture and design support of the Linux, Windows, cloud and container environments
- Work with the developers to identify and resolve build or deployment problems
- Manage multiple Jenkins build pipelines including unit test execution, quality metrics calculation and publishing
- Innovate & continue to improve the quality and efficiency of the build and deployment process currently in use.
- Contribute to the planning, re-architecture or refactoring of systems already in use to boost operational efficiency
- The document, diagram and present all SCM/DevOps processes, create training material and provide internal training for developers.
- Collaborate with other teams, such as IT and Cloud, to scale solutions for further deployment.
- Promote knowledge sharing and overall DevOps culture within the team
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 3 years or more experience with AWS; specifically Cloudformation, Terraform, Lambda and Boto3.
- 3 years or more experience in DevOps / Software Configuration Management; specifically Jenkins, Docker, Groovy, Bitbucket.
- 5 years of extensive experience in working and automating/scripting in Windows, Linux environments (Bash).
- Prior experience working with and supporting software development teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- A clear understanding of Scrum & Agile development principles & methodologies
- Experience with Python, C# and .NET solutions.
$65 per Hour Atlanta, GA 30308 8 Month Assignment