Finance | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 per year
Sesame Workshop is looking for an Accountant. This position requires someone who has experience with accounting and accounting practices. The individual must have strong analytical ability, be detail-oriented and review assignments for accuracy and completeness. It requires someone with great communication skills, who will follow up and demonstrate initiative. In addition to the accounting aspect of this role, the Accountant will also take on ad hoc financial analysis as needed.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly recurring journal entries, including revenue recognition, capitalization, and staff allocations
- Prepare monthly project cost reports and lead cost report review meetings
- Review invoices and expense reports in Concur for budget appropriateness. Correspond with Operations teams regarding missing or incorrect information. Respond to email inquiries concerning unpaid invoices.
- Regular GL maintenance, investigate discrepancies, and create monthly reclass journal entries.
- Run monthly timesheet reports and review for budget appropriateness.
- Prepare monthly billback invoices to production entities.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for production entities.
- Perform ad hoc tasks as needed, including staff allocation analysis and accrual reports.
- Maintain electronic files in a shared drive.
- Input financial data for quarterly estimates and budgets into a financial software system (TM1)
- 2-3 years experience in an accounting role
- Proficiency with accounting and accounting practices
- Experience with General Ledger concepts
- Familiarity with database systems and reporting systems
- Proficiency with MS Excel (formula creation, modifying reports and data)
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Ability to take initiative and think critically
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Production Finance experience
Financial Tools Used:
- Netsuite (General Ledger software)
- PSL (Production Accounting software)
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity