Utility / Dishwasher
Dining Services | Salem, VA | Full Time | Opened 3 months ago
*COVID-19 vaccination required for this position.*
Roanoke College Dining Services seeks Utility/Dishwashers to assist in our dining operations. Under the general direction and supervision of the Dishroom Coordinator, this position plays an important role in the smooth running of our food service operation, contributing to a well-run kitchen. This is a full-time, fully benefitted 9-month position following the academic year. Non-slip shoes are required and a shoe allowance is provided, as are uniforms.
Serving as a representative of Roanoke College, Dining Services employees must display courtesy, tact and respect in all interactions with our students, members of the RC community, and with the general public. Must be able to work every other weekend. Duties include:
- Apply proper methods of safety and sanitation as instructed by the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and Dining Services management.
- Disposes of garbage in proper manner from the food production areas.
- Clean floors by sweeping and mopping, ensuring they are free from spillage, debris, and grease.
- Maintains proper levels of chemicals in sinks and other areas of the kitchen.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work station at all times
- If needed, cleans, per approved sanitation and safety guidelines, all dishes, glasses, utensils, pots and pans and related food preparation/serving items and equipment and operates dishwasher.
- Check dishes, pots, pans, etc. for cleanliness and stores clean items and appropriate areas.
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the Dining Services.
- Work as a team player with co-workers and in conjunction with other areas.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. and carry it for short distances
Roanoke College is a nationally ranked residential liberal arts college affiliated with the Lutheran Church (ELCA), located in the beautiful Roanoke Valley of Virginia. A Phi Beta Kappa institution, Roanoke College is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its faculty, staff, and students; women and members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.