Physical Plant | Salem, VA | Full Time | Opened 4 months ago | From $18.00 to $20.00 per hour
At Roanoke College we are committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and productive environment for our students, faculty, and staff. We are currently seeking a dedicated HVAC Assistant to join our team and play a crucial role in maintaining and enhancing the climate control systems on our campus.
As an HVAC Assistant, at you will work alongside our skilled HVAC technicians to ensure that all heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems on our campus are operating efficiently. Roanoke College provides uniforms, tools, safety equipment, and lunch each day. This position is eligible for full college benefits and works a core schedule of 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Assisting in the maintenance, repair, and installation of HVAC equipment across the campus.
- Performing routine inspections and filter changes.
- Providing support during emergency HVAC repairs.
- Assisting with system troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed and equipment status.
- Adhering to safety protocols and ensuring a safe work environment.
- Collaborating with team members to achieve common goals.
Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to learn and take direction.
- Good physical condition to perform tasks that may require lifting and working in varying weather conditions.
- Basic computer and data entry skills to include utilizing a tablet to manage work orders.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- A valid Virginia driver's license and near clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends for on call rotations.
About Roanoke College
Roanoke College is a place where every student who works hard has the opportunity to succeed. We champion potential, providing essential learning and leadership through innovative academic programs and transformative educational experiences, giving students the mettle, mindset, and empathy to pursue lives of purpose, build meaningful careers, and meet society’s most pressing needs. Located in scenic Salem, Virginia, Roanoke College is an intimate, welcoming community that has served the local region and beyond for nearly 200 years. Now, we’re building on momentum and offering a Roanoke experience for today’s students and a legacy that belongs to every Maroon.
Roanoke College is a nationally ranked residential liberal arts college affiliated with the Lutheran Church (ELCA), located in the beautiful Roanoke Valley of Virginia. A Phi Beta Kappa institution, Roanoke College is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its faculty, staff, and students; women and members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.