Internal Application: Admissions Counselor
Admissions | Salem, VA | Full Time | Opened 3 months ago
Assist in implementing admissions activities including providing information about the college; interviewing and counseling prospective students and their parents; and reviewing application for admissions in order to determine eligibility.
- Assist in implementing admissions activities, including group recruitment programs.
- Interviews and counsels prospective students and their parents in order to ascertain their qualifications and provide admissions guideline information.
- Counsels and provides guidance to students in developing educational plans in order to achieve educational goals.
- Reviews applications for admission in order to determine eligibility for acceptable to the college.
- Serves on special admission committees.
- Travels to visit secondary schools in order to educate schools officials, counselors and students about the college.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge.
- Six months to one year of related or progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in admissions, counseling, public relations, student services, or related area.
- Valid driver’s license.
About Roanoke College
Roanoke College is a place where every student who works hard has the opportunity to succeed. We champion potential, providing essential learning and leadership through innovative academic programs and transformative educational experiences, giving students the mettle, mindset, and empathy to pursue lives of purpose, build meaningful careers, and meet society’s most pressing needs. Located in scenic Salem, Virginia, Roanoke College is an intimate, welcoming community that has served the local region and beyond for nearly 200 years. Now, we’re building on momentum and offering a Roanoke experience for today’s students and a legacy that belongs to every Maroon.
Roanoke College is a nationally ranked residential liberal arts college affiliated with the Lutheran Church (ELCA), located in the beautiful Roanoke Valley of Virginia. A Phi Beta Kappa institution, Roanoke College is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its faculty, staff, and students; women and members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.