Quality Engineer/CMM Programmer
Quality Assurance | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Summary: Assist the Quality Manager and support the quality and manufacturing areas in quality assurance/ engineering and inspection functions. Ability to Program and use CMM measuring system (Hexagon) and to design and develop fixtures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, as well as other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in providing training to inspectors in methods, statistics, and geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T)(
- Collaborate with Production, Engineering, and Quality departments to develop Failure Mode & Effects Analyses (FMEAs), process flow charts, and inspect control plans.
- Assure that quality requirements are understood and attainable
- Interpret blueprints and specifications related to GD&T, gauging, statistical requirements (SPC) and related specifications
- Develop inspection plans and methods including fixture and gage design for the Quality Control and Manufacturing departments
- 4 year college degree, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, AS9100D quality management systems
- Proficiency in blueprint interpretation, GD&T, statistics
- Proficiency in quality processes (FMEA, profess flows, control plans)
- 3-5 years' experience in Quality Control/Quality Assurance in a tight tolerance industry with an aerospace customer base, preferred.
- Manufacturing and Inspection background experience preferred.
- Six Sigma Training or ASQ Certification, preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time