Quality Control Inspector
Quality Assurance | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Summary: The quality control inspector should be a hands on inspector in checking dimensions of small-machined plastic and metal components. Includes working with other staff to determine inspection priorities/flow. Ideal candidate must have GDT knowledge base with ability to interrupt blueprints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, as well as other duties may be assigned.
- Determine key characteristics (measurements) of parts to construct forms for FAI, In Process & Final Inspections
- Perform dimensional inspection on parts. Geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T) skills
- Data acquisition of production parts of in process yields for continual improvement program
- Auditing of processes on a regular basis for QMS compliance (ISO 9001 certification)
- Assist in registration & customer on site audits (ISO 9001)
- Contract review/risk assessment to determine customer requirements will be met
- Prioritization of throughput of inspection jobs for efficiency
Experience: Experience in both quality assurance and quality control activities. Ability to read and interpret prints drawings and customer contractual requirements. Manufacturing and Inspection background experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time