Quality Control Inspector
Quality Assurance | Rockford, IL | Full Time
Professional Plastics is a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes. We provide the widest range of engineering plastics, composites & technical ceramics in the marketplace. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 22 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics.
Professional Plastics is currently offering great career opportunities. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- *NEW* DailyPay - Provides early access to earned wages
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Position Summary: The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for conducting both quality assurance, quality control and inspection activities. Assists in the development, improvement and implementation of current and new processes and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, as well as other duties may be assigned.
- Organize, prepare and perform internal audits for the branch per ISO 9001/AS9100 requirements
- Calibration Program – Equipment calibration, periodic verification.
- Corrective Actions – Assign, investigate and respond to opportunities for improvement.
- Certification of Conformance – Complete and submit supporting documentation as required.
- Equipment Maintenance – Scheduling and recording equipment maintenance.
- All Inspection activities – First Article, In-Process and Final.
- RMAs, Scrap and Internal Rejects – Analyze all products and processes in order to identify root causes and problem resolution.
- Implement and manage all calibration activities through formal programs.
- Documentation – Complete both internal and customer related documentation as required.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
Experience: Experience in both quality assurance and quality control activities. Ability to read and interpret prints drawings and customer contractual requirements. Manufacturing and Inspection background experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time