Production Lead (3rd Shift)
Manufacturing | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Who we are… Professional Plastics - Premier Supplier of Plastic Sheets, Rods, Tubing & Films. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics . We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 18 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary: Responsible for achieving all established Safety, Quality and Operational goals on a facility-wide basis. Operate with the lowest possible manufacturing costs and provide overall support and direction to supporting staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Coordinates employees, jobs and production equipment in order to meet customer expectations along with machine/process efficiency by working closely with Expeditor
- Schedules and prioritizing production orders accordingly
- Evaluates production equipment and process to ensure competitiveness in the field
- Monitors levels of production, shipments, labor performances, scraps and rejects, inventory control and housekeeping
- Takes action to correct unfavorable deviations to improve favorable trends
- Insures plant and equipment is maintained to meet production requirements and provide a safe and clean work environment
Experience: Five years manufacturing and/or distribution experience preferred.
Shift: This position is 3rd Shift, Friday-Sunday 6am-6pm. *Shift differential available*
Full benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, FSA, Employee Assistance Program, 401K Retirement Plan.
If being part of the Professional Plastics Team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Job Type: Full-time