National Market Development Manager
Sales | National Remote Position | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Summary: Develops and expands a business and strategic plan that includes markets and target accounts. Understands core strengths, weaknesses and the market share in assigned markets. Closes sales, increases margins and represents overall product line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Creates and manages a business plan focusing on key and target accounts with annual revenue of $100,000+
- Develops new business
- Creates and closes sales
- Grows and services existing business
- Provides feedback on changes in the marketplace
- Increases margin through up-selling, specification and development work
- Develops quotes, contracts and agreements to secure long-term business
- Completes sales reports, itineraries and forecasts
- Attends Manufacturers Representatives educational meetings on product lines and applications
- Identifies potential specialized markets and applications for future growth potential
- Identifies customer needs by creating more value to the customer than our competitors and establishes a long term partnership
- Requires travel 2 weeks a month
Experience: 5 years plastics industry experience (distribution, polymers, and manufacturing) required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time