Operations | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
In this role, you will be expected to prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. In this position you will Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, run and cycle times for CNC machined parts.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Minimum Qualifications: Experience with CNC Machining, manufacturing processes, knowledge of machine set up and cycle times required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Determines material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; prepares bids; selects vendors or subcontractors and determines cost effectiveness
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full Time, Non Exempt