CNC Saw Operator
Warehouse | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary: The CNC Saw Operator will be responsible to set up and operate a CNC panel saw in order to cut material to its required finished product.
- Reads blueprints, job orders for product specifications including dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions including fixtures, feed rates, cutting speed, depth of cut; determines sequence of operations
- Responsible for selecting, positioning and securing saw blades.
- Responsible for work piece holding device, machine table, chuck, centers or fixtures.
- Ability to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Responsible for and ability to control all aspects of feeding device.
- Responsible for observing machine operation, verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
- Ability to operate bench grinder.
- Ability to set up and operate welding machines and flame-cutting equipment.
Experience: CNC Saw Operator experience; wood and metal working is a plus. Ability to read tape measure and calipers.
Licensing/Certificates: CNC Certification a plus. Must be forklift certified.
Job Type: Full Time
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Vacation, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran