CNC Machinist - Lathe
Manufacturing | Rockford, IL | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Sets up, programs and operates CNC machines
- Plans and performs a variety of machine operations utilizing numerical controlled machines, i.e. Mills, Lathes, Routers and/or saws to machine plastic or metal work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties
- Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done
- Performs diversified operations on numerical controlled machines
- Performs a variety of related operations to close and interrelated tolerances
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine sequence and dimensions of finished work piece
- Attaches fixtures to machine according to setup instructions
- Manipulates controls to start machine
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions
- Performs a variety of inspection and gaging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications
- Notifies Supervisor of discrepancies
- Adjusts machine according to specifications
- Cleans machine parts and performs machine maintenance
Experience: 2 years minimum CNC Machinist experience.
Benefits Package: medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D, long term and short term disability, flexible spending and dependent care account, 401k plan and employee assistance program.
If being part of the Professional Plastics team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time