CNC Machine Operator
Manufacturing | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Second Shift: 4pm - 2:30am - Monday - Thursday, shift differential
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life and AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account, 401k Plan and Employee Assistance Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Responsible for utilizing numerical controlled machines to machine plastic, metal work pieces to specifications
- Interprets complicated drawings, instructions, program and process sheets
- Performs diversified operations on numerical controlled machines
- Performs a variety of related operations to close and interrelated tolerances
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine sequence and dimensions of finished work piece
- Attaches fixtures to machine according to setup instructions
- Manipulates controls to start machine
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions
- Performs inspection and gaging operations to ensure maintenance of quality standards and specifications
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies
- Adjusts machine according to specifications
- Cleans machine parts and performs machine maintenance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time