Administrative | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and outgoing Administrative Assistant to work in our job shop!!
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the operations department to drive Work in Progress (WIP). You will support multiple managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to manufacturing and will be expected to effectively communicate with multiple branches when required. The ideal candidate must have the ability to multi-task efficiently and accurately.
Experience: We are seeking a candidate with proven experience in the manufacturing, warehouse, job shop or relatable field.
- Minimum of 2 - 3+ years administrative experience is required. Experience working in manufacturing, job shop, customer service and sales environment preferred. Distribution and/or plastic industry is a plus!
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure; basic shop mathematics to include whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Process drop ships and transfers requested by other branches
- Responsible for inventory adjustments of finished goods
- Maintain new supplier information requests and credit applications
- Assist with Purchase Orders for materials and outside processing of material
- Work with the estimating, planning and manufacturing teams to position raw materials and WIP to meet schedule ship dates
- Interface with material handling, requirements planning and purchasing to quickly identify material shortages impacting production
- Validate material receipt documentation, responsible for ensuring material and quantity are correct, notifying management of any discrepancies
- Release sales orders, notify sales person of any damage or discrepancies in quantity
- Responsible for RMA processes
- Responsible for communicating shipping information to sales team and customers
- Processes fabricated jobs through Work in Progress and job closing review
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full Time