Platform | Irvine, CA | Full Time
Nexon is expanding aggressively into the western gaming market by opening a new development studio in Orange County California. We are building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever expanding worldwide team of over 5,500 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of a brand new development studio, let’s talk!
The Fraud Analyst is responsible for proactively identifying and mitigating the risk of online fraud across all games. This includes identifying vulnerabilities in existing systems and processes and recommending improvements and implementing player-facing fraud reduction policies and procedures.
- Review chargebacks and fraudulent activities on a daily basis utilizing fraud tools
- Investigate suspected fraud and use sound judgment when taking action
- Review and analyze various fraud notifications and transactions
- Identify fraud patterns and communicate across teams and management
- Assist with documentation, investigation, and tracking of disputes and chargebacks
- Identify and communicate potential process improvements in the fraud processes as needed
- Work with customer support team to block/unblock fraudulent players
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience working with various transaction & risk systems: SQL experience a plus
- Experience with rule engine, chargeback and represented processes
- 3+ years of experience in fraud prevention/detection and micro-transaction fraud prevention preferred
- Good PC skills using MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
We Also Like To See:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and time management skills
- Ability to communicate issues and solutions with both technical and non-technical teams
- Background in gaming or passion for gaming