Game Development - OC Studio | Irvine, CA | Full Time
Nexon is expanding aggressively into the western gaming market by opening a new development studio in Orange County, California. We are building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees, and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
We are looking for a talented and experienced Build Engineer who can manage all our internally and externally facing game builds. You will be working with engineers to provide support across environments and with the designers to deliver builds needed for frequent evaluation.
The build engineer role is central to our organization and we are looking for candidates that are reliable, committed to uptime and provide solutions to scaling challenges as we expand our roster of games.
- Partners with game teams by providing infrastructure assistance and guidance from the early phases of product development, including the development of software and processes to assist developers in infrastructure-related workflows (such as build, release and deployment automation).
- Help build and maintain the tools and infrastructure that powers one of our new AAA games
- Work hands-on in DevOps or CI/CD tools, specifically Jenkins, Perforce, and AWS
- May be involved in requirements gathering, prototyping, architecting, building and implementing test plans, performing quality reviews, and triaging or fixing operational issues, at all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Create and maintain automated testing environments and build farms
- Performs peer review of solutions developed by others, and potentially other teams, ensuring that best practices and internal standards are being followed, and recommends alternatives when appropriate
- Analyze new and existing products for performance and efficiency improvements, both as part of a structured release process, and as an ongoing process
- Integrates internally developed products, externally developed products, and mixtures of both, to create working solutions from multiple disparate parts
- Create and maintain automated processes for game builds, tools builds, asset exports, continuous integration, code signing, and game packages
- Support external partner build issues
- Conduct root cause analysis of critical issues
- Requires a minimum of four years of related experience in software development and system engineering technologies, patterns and practices.
- Experience with game development; C/C++, C#, Python, or JS preferred
- Proficiency with version control tools (perforce, git, etc)
- Experience with SDLC processes (code review, release management, etc) and automation of same (CI/CD)
- Bachelor of Science degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Jenkins or another similar pipeline
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Reliable team player, independently driven to take initiative and own issues
- Experience using Unreal Engine
- Proficient with Jenkins
- Experience with the Perforce command-line
- Experience supporting a live service-driven game
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Testing Tools and methodologies
Nexon's Benefits & Perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.