VP, Data Science
Data Science | US (Remote) | Full Time
Who We Are
Measured helps inform the incrementality of paid media for acquisition marketers to drive cross-channel investment decisions. Its approach is rooted in innovative, always-on experimentation, proven to be the most effective and accurate methodology for determining incremental contribution. Incrementality drives Measured’s cross-channel attribution and decisioning platform. Measured is powered by a privacy-compliant and quality-controlled marketing data platform provided as a service. Measured is based in Santa Monica and maintains offices in New York, Boston and India.
The Measured platform represents the 4th gen evolution in marketing analytics SaaS platforms. It’s packed with “standard” innovations in marketing tech and ad tech over the last 15 years, while pushing the envelope on new frontiers in marketing tech and marketing sciences. We are solving problems across distributed systems, linear/integer programming, state machine algorithms, managing industrial-scale ML models and artfully-crafted-bespoke data science models in one framework, dependency graphs based adaptive systems, SaaS-like database management, managing 100s of 3rd party API integrations, applications in graph theory, artful blending of big data & small data, the list goes on. Lots and lots of original innovation throughout.
The data science group is set up as an advanced applied data science practice supported by a bench of world class academic and industry advisors. The mission of the group is to develop breakthrough algorithms supporting industrial scale media experimentation, cross channel measurement calibrations, incrementality indices, pareto-optimal investment algorithms and other not-solved-before marketing sciences problems.
We are looking for a data science leader who wants to lead a motivated team of data scientists to build a body of data science work that'll power media investment decisions for 1000s of DTC eCommerce brands.
- Data science leadership: Lead core data science innovation by bringing best-in-class marketing sciences and statistics thinking and applying it to the problems du jour.
- Individual Contributor (IC) responsibilities: All leaders at Measured are player-coaches. You'll own data science projects as an IC and lead by example through your work.
- Team leadership: Mentor junior members of the team, shape and share best practices, bring rigor and discipline to data science function, and build a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Partnerships: Oversee and direct academic and industry partnerships to maximize data science value.
- 10+ years in data science, preferably significant experience in marketing sciences.
- Marketing Measurement experience preferred.
- Demonstrable data science / ML outcomes in prior roles.
- Hands on data science skills: Proficient in Python or R, and SQL.
- Comfortable working with databases, visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI, advanced Excel skills. Exposure to other languages like Java a plus.
- Strong teamwork and communications
- MS or PhD preferred. Or significant data science or equivalent industry experience.
- BE/BS/PGDM -in data science or equivalent experience.