Software Engineering | Redmond, WA | Full Time
User experience design for Power BI visualizations and reports, web applications, and mobile applications that use Windows 10, Surface and the latest mobile devices.
- Collaborate with other designers to evangelize new interface guidelines and design patterns.
- Actively seek to understand business requirements to develop solutions.
- Extremely comfortable presenting work to clients, gathering feedback and sharing it to other team members
- Take ideas from the concept to the production stage, using storyboarding, personas, user journeys, wireframing, prototypes, and other communication/presentation methods.
- Produce information architecture, task-flow diagrams, and data visualizations
- Solve all sorts of design challenges with creativity, efficiency, and precision; a full stack designer (interaction, usability, graphic design, HTML, CSS, Power BI)
- Solicit feedback from other team members to continually raise the bar for quality
- Work with the team in an Agile environment by illustrating clear user stories and testing
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in user experience design
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, user-centered design, or a design-related field
- Proven track record in the creation of interaction models, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience for reporting
- Portfolio demonstrating UX/UI experience in web, application, and/or reporting design
- Demonstrable ability to do wireframing, rapid prototyping, and storyboarding.
- Strong experience with or a desire to learn basic data analytics and data viz technique.
- Basic working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, XD, Photoshop, Figma and associated design tools
- Strong knowledge about various concepts of design psychology such as Hick's Law, Von-Restorff Effect, Gestalt principles of visual perception, etc.
- Knowledge of UX best practices, design techniques, user interface design patterns, popular design guidelines (Fluent design, Google Material design), and standard UCD methodologies
- Excellent communication skills within cross-functional teams
- Ability to explain design processes and concepts—i.e., why a design works or why it doesn’t
- Exceptional visual design skills with a focus on high-quality deliverables
- Self-directed, confident, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to balance speed and quality when managing competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, new media design, or design-related field
- Basic knowledge of data reporting (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Past experience and demonstrated interest in data visualization
Our company offers competitive pay and benefits including paid time off (PTO), comprehensive medical and dental insurance, and a retirement plan with 3% company match and immediate vesting.