Software Engineering Intern—Back End
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom event—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
ABOUT OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
We run a robust, paid internship program that allows you to work on meaningful projects, focus on professional development, and have fun. During our 12-week summer program, you’ll be encouraged to maximize your personal growth by asking questions, solving challenging technical problems, and participating in code review processes. You will have the freedom to work on various projects at Guidebook, while working closely with your mentor (and the development team) to implement production-level features. During round table discussions throughout the summer, you’ll hear from leaders from different departments to learn how they fit into the organization and how they can impact your work. Other highlights of our internship program include: team outings, company-wide demo days, and benefits (commuter benefits, health insurance, fully stocked kitchen, learning & development opportunities, etc).
What’s unique about Guidebook’s internship program is how deeply embedded you will be in the company during the 12 weeks you are here. The 1:1 mentor to intern relationship we maintain in this startup environment guarantees you will be working on real projects and actively contributing to the business, codebase, or product within your first weeks. If you’re looking for the opportunity to define the trajectory of a fast-growing startup, we’d love to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate closely with an experienced team of engineers to deliver high quality features to production.
- Learn and adopt industry accepted code styling, contribution guidelines, and code review standards.
- Work on an small, agile team that iterates fast and often.
- Participate in daily pull request review.
- Learn how to navigate and contribute to a large scale production codebase.
- Work with Python, Django, and Django REST Framework on a daily basis.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A passionate back end developer who is excited to use the latest tooling and standards and devoted to going above and beyond (this typically means you have personal projects you’ve worked on outside of school).
- Ideally a junior or senior pursuing a BS, or a student pursuing an MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
- Someone who has high standards of excellence for their own contributions, and the contributions of their team.
- An effective communicator who can clearly convey both purpose and background for changesets introduced into the codebase.
- A professional but fun-loving person who wants to join a tightly knit engineering team that enjoys working together.
- Excited to learn about the specific processes and methodologies used to build and deliver quality software.