Technology | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE JOB:
The design and quality of our products are held to very high standards at Guidebook. As a QA Engineer you are responsible for upholding these standards and even raising the bar higher. You will be intimately involved with product development and will have the final say when a project is ready to go live.
Our backend hosts a RESTful API that powers our content management system and our native (Android + iOS) mobile applications. You will be exposed to technologies including: Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, Elasticsearch, Redis, AWS, Buildbot and Ansible. You will act as a gatekeeper between our customer-facing teams and our software engineers—in short, no Guidebooker will be a stranger to you!
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be embedded with one of our cross-functional feature teams.
- Leading testing parties that are milestones for making sure a feature is ready for release.
- Familiarize yourself with the project management tools we use—JIRA and Confluence.
- Understand application requirements and design features to be able to write and implement test cases.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Define, implement, and enforce development guidelines regarding testing.
- Learn how to facilitate some of our Agile rituals, such as our Sprint Planning and Retrospective meetings.
- Be working with a number of cross-functional team members across various stack disciplines to complete feature work.
- Work with our Customer Success Team on gaining a deeper understanding of our product and our customers.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Own the testing approach across all disciplines.
- Have assumed ownership over our automated testing infrastructure.
- Have begun to work with your manager to develop a career plan tailored to your strengths.
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 1-2 years of experience in QA and Testing
- Strong problem solving skills and a keen interest in figuring out how things work (and especially, when things don’t work!).
- A discerning eye for what makes a product high quality and a drive to constantly improve!
- Effective communication—able to clearly document software defects with steps to reproduce.
- A professional but fun-loving person who wants to join a tightly knit engineering team that enjoys working together.
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
- Make your workstation yours: desk customization (fancy hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Transportation Benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free, unlimited Caltrain GoPass
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through Fond
- Reap some good karma: group volunteer events