Design Technology | London | Full Time
Grimshaw is seeking a passionate and talented XR developer to join our London studio and support our architectural project teams through the development and use of VR and AR solutions for design creation, review, feedback and stakeholder engagement.
The successful candidate will work with project design teams to determine their XR requirements, develop solutions based on these needs, and guide and train teams in their ongoing use. We are looking for a candidate who can be proactive in their engagement with teams and to challenge the way we work, seeking out opportunities for XR to bring insight, innovation and added value to our design work.
Our methods of engagement vary, and so this work may range from high end headsets such as HTC Vive Cosmos and Microsoft Hololens 2, through to mobile solutions for both Android and iOS.
Additional responsibilities will include promoting and encouraging the use of XR across the studio and contributing the XR strategy across the Grimshaw global practice as part of the Design Technology department. The candidate will also work closely with the rest of the DT team including computational and BIM specialists, to collaborate on common themes, and with Grimshaw's in-house graphics team to create custom user interfaces.
At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity and innovation and you can expect to work in vibrant and fast paced environment. For all our roles, strong communication skills and appreciation of Grimshaw design ethos are crucial.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Initiative and proactive working methodology
- Degree or equivalent qualification in architecture, architectural technology, games design, UX design, or other relevant subject
- 3 years’ experience in XR implementation within AEC
Required technical skills
Experience in game engines such as Unity or UE4
- Experience with C#/C++, and Unity/UE4 API
- Experience in 3D modelling and interoperability with software such as McNeel Rhinoceros, Autodesk Revit or 3Ds Max
- Experience in development including SteamVR SDK, Hololens SDK
- Experience in mobile development including ARkit, ARCore
- Experience in game design, level design
Any offer of employment with Grimshaw will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.