Architectural Graduate / Architect
Architectural | Auckland | Full Time
Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognise the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
Our Auckland studio is currently seeking talented individuals who like to be challenged to fill Architect roles for our exciting portfolio of aviation and rail projects in the local region, with the opportunity to also contribute to international projects as required.
- Team management; day-to-day contact for the team on design and technical project matters
- Helping supervise and support junior team members
- Assisting senior staff, and assisting with general practice tasks
- Ensuring all design output, including that of other team members, adheres to Grimshaw’s quality standards
- Receiving direction from Partners and more senior tiers of practice with regards to design direction
- Design research and awareness
- Confidently presenting design ideas to internal team, stakeholders and clients
Qualifications and Skills
- relevant tertiary qualifications and registrations
- proven ability to be creative and design orientated
- experience working in all phases of projects
- good knowledge of local planning and construction codes
- strong attention to detail
- strong collaboration skills
- strong written and verbal communications skills
- proficiency in REVIT would be highly beneficial
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.