School Relationship Manager
Management Team | Gourmet Gorilla | Full Time
School Relationship Manager
The School Relationship Manager is responsible for ensuring that a wide range of daily functions and activities that affect our clients’ experience with our meal programs are met. They will be responsible for the overall management of the school food service operations, onsite school servers and daily communications and customer service for the schools they manage. This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
At Gourmet Gorilla™we strive for a sustainable future for children by providing local and organic school meals and healthier eating options. We are committed to working with community partners to provide solid nutrition for children to help them learn and grow. Building alliances between local farms, urban agriculturalists, dietitians, nutritionists, talented chefs, and organic food manufacturers, we are able to provide quality ingredients as well as links to educational resources on healthy food curriculum, the value of local and organic foods, garden projects, and ecological awareness.
We are building a team of professionals who care about food and where it comes from; who choose to work in a nurturing environment where all individuals are respected and coached to grow. We value creativity, diversity, breadth of knowledge, and a desire to enjoy our profession.
General Job Description:
The School Relationship Manager ensures excellent service to students, schools and Gourmet Gorilla and is responsible for the following:
- Managing the relationship between Gourmet Gorilla and School administration to ensure a successful customer experience for students, staff and parents.
- Executing a healthy and enjoyable student meal experience with Gourmet Gorilla schools.
- Keeping our schools compliant by ensuring servers are only serving reimbursable meals.
- Driving operational directives which includes helping to ensure meal programs remain in budget through managing school food waste (which would involve helping some accounts ordering effectively), helping to identify successful and cost effective meal items, as well as help manage appropriate staffing levels.
- Managing and training school site service team members.
- Interacting with school leaders to support the site teams' success as well as ensuring they feel cared for and appreciated.
- Advocating for customer needs as they arise, in addition to providing ongoing account stewardship ensuring a positive working relationship between the school and Gourmet Gorilla.
- Coordinating and delivering nutrition education in schools.
- Helping promote the Gourmet Gorilla brand and mission in schools through community and school events at our preschools, elementary and high schools.
- Ensuring all key account orders are placed accurately by schools and/or internal staff through our online ordering system.
- Help trouble shoot logistical and menu questions that may generate from school servers or schools.
- Ensuring schools are properly staffed and supplied to execute excellent food service daily.
- Visiting schools where we staff our servers on a regular basis.
- Dietetics or nutrition degree preferred
- Basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office Programs, online database programs
- Ability to prioritize daily, weekly and monthly responsibilities
- Project management
- Customer Service
- Mid-level management experience preferred
- Leadership: Assess, coach, motivate, discipline staff to meet goals
- Agility, works well under stress and thrives in a quick paced operations environment
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve quickly, efficiently and effectively
- Team player and positive attitude
- ServSafe or Food Handler certification
40-50 Hours a week
Early Morning Hours
*To apply, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter.
Gourmet Gorilla is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires background checks. Candidates will be
required to show proof of right to work. We are looking for professional, mature, committed employees.